Sunday, August 29, 2010

Alright, Alright, Alright, Alright...Hey!


The last few months I had the wonderful opportunity to work as a Health Counselor for EFY in Provo. At first, I was extremely skeptical of the job and the people, but looking back, I wouldn't change this summer for anything.

Key moments of this summer... I was expecting that we would make weekly trips to the ER, but we ended up only going twice the whole all summer, which was actually really nice because it was quite a hastle to go there and wait for hours. Probably my favorite injury all summer was this boy who came to me and said he was nauseous and couldn't breathe. As I talked with him, the story finally came out that while he had been in the bathroom the night before, they had turned out the lights to his apartment. He apparently didn’t wait for his eyes to adjust to the darkness before he 'ran' out of the bathroom and straight into his door frame. He said it knocked him down for a little bit and the next day (when he came to talk to me) he was in a ton of pain. We ended up taking him the DR. where they told him he had a broken rib. I know I shouldn’t laugh, but seriously????Who seriously runs out of the bathroom?

Another funny/awkward story from EFY. So I decided that I kind of liked this one counselor. It didn’t take long for me to find out that he was interested in someone, so there really was no potential, which is a good thing because I totally blew it one night. So it was the Friday night ‘lock down’ and we were in the basement of Chipman and we were all sitting there and I got up to get some cereal, because we would all munch at our 11pm meeting. Anyway, so I was eating some cocoa pebbles and this guy was sitting on the couch right in front of me. So I went up and started rubbing his shoulders. That sounds sketchy, but you have to remember that these are EFY counselors…they are all about touchy-feely-ness…so that is totally normal. Anyway he tilted his head back to talk to me and he asked me a question and I responded but not just in words. Because I was eating, a huge drop of spit came out of my mouth and went right into his eye. Not just his eyelid…no his eye! I was so embarrassed! What could I do, but apologize and laugh it off. Yeah…thus ended that relationship…jk.

It was an amazing summer that left me with some great friends and memories!

2 comments:

  1. WOOHOO!! I loved this post....so funny about the story about you spitting in the guy's eye. I wonder if he thought it was funny...:)

    Cant wait to hear more!

    Love you Lizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to keep us all posted!
    So should we start calling you Lizzy again? That's the name I knew you by when we first met, are you going back?

    ReplyDelete