Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hotness

I only have a few minutes before class starts but I wanted to say that it has been SO hot here. I never really understood what people meant when they would talk about humidity making a difference and that 'hot' with humidity is so much worse than the Utah 'hot'. Well, it's true! It's been in the 80s the last few days here and although that might sound like it is comfortable, it's not. I walk outside for 5 minutes and I'm already sweaty and gross.

I realized this week what the humidity reminds me of. At theme parks when we would wait in line for the log ride (at Knott's Berry Farm) or pretty much any water ride at a theme park there would be those moments when you would feel this hot, sticky mist type of feeling. Where the air was palpable...yeah...that's pretty much Virginia-all the time. While some people can't wait for summer to come...I'm starting to think that I'm going to enjoy the waiting more than the actual summer.

On a totally unrelated note...this last week I started working out with my friend at her gym. It has been nice to be able to work out and not have to be in the boiling weather. Anyway, she's really into doing these full body work outs, so she'll run and then do arms and stuff. I've honestly never done arm work outs, and I realized...it is hard work. My arms have been sore for days and I all I did was bench press the bar. It's kind of pathetic, I know, but I have to start somewhere. By the end of the summer I'm going to be so buff...it's going to be great! :)

3 comments:

  1. Besty! I feel your pain, here in Toledo it gets the same way. I figured out what humidity was when I was about 12 and I visited my grandparents in Cincinati, OH. BUT I didn't know there was a heat index that meant 80 degrees felt like 90, until last summer! Ugh, good luck girly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw the title of your post I thought you were going to have a picture of me! I'm offended ;-)

    I keep saying I LOVE the humidity but I may change my mind once we live in NC.

    Guess what?! We get to see you in like exactly 2 weeks! Double guess what?! We get to live so much closer to you in like 2.5 months!! WooWoo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SOOOOO excited for both of those things! I'm slightly more excited that you'll be living closer to me just cause that will last longer than a week.

    ReplyDelete