Friday, June 3, 2011

on with the rest of my life...

It's only been a couple weeks since I got back from Hawaii, but there has been so much packed into the last couple weeks...here are the highlights

  • First I was set apart on Sunday as the relief society president. I feel motivated and at peace with it. I’m happy to help out where I can. I feel like this is mostly for me though. I feel like I’m going to learn a ton and I also could use the extra motivation to step up my game. I was looking at the roll and there are 33 girls on the list, but I only know 13 of them. Of those 13 there are only a few that I see every week. Kind of sad right? I was reading a quote today about leadership and it said something like, a leader is a person who gets a group to do something that they wouldn’t normally be able to do. So my goal is that for whatever time I’m able to serve I would like to increase that number, or at least get some of those people that are on that list to become more active. So here we go!!!

  • This past week learned how to tie suturing knots. This whole year we have been learning important stuff, but it’s stuff like that that makes me realize that I’m actually going to be a PA. I’m not going to be a student forever…WEIRD! I only have 5 more months until I start rotations…really really weird!

  • I have some pretty amazing friends! One of my closer friends here is from my class- she actually used to sit by me. Anyway we've been talking for a while about all the fresh fruit here in Virginia and how delicious it is. We decided several months ago that we wanted to go to some of the 'pick your own' farms here and get a ton of fruit this summer. So we did it-Yesterday we went to a strawberry farm. It was pretty hot, so we didn't stay too long-just long enough to pick a bucket full. I felt so domestic-it was great. I was going to make some strawberry jam, but I decided to wait and make some peach jam when the peaches are in season.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Wish I could taste those fresh strawberries. Congrats on the calling - I'm sure you'll be inspired. :D And thank you for the sweet post card - you are SO incredibly thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your calling! Being in charge of anything but primary can be so tough, haha it's pretty easy to trick little kids into thinking you are in charge and you know what you are doing. You will do great though!

    ReplyDelete