Friday, October 15, 2010

Alias- take 2

A couple Sundays ago I woke up thinking that I should do something nice for the Nutty Putty group. They are a group of guys in the ward, well actually it is the Bishop’s son, his cousin, and then a couple of his friends who are going to ride across the US on their bikes to raise money for some charity. That morning I called a girl in the ward and had her help me write a bunch of notes-mostly lame ones with music quotes-‘don’t give up’ ‘you’re the world’s greatest’ and then some good rhyming ones as well. I thought they were funny, and Lori and I had a blast making them so it was all good. We were having so much fun making the cards that we didn’t realize that it was almost time for conference to start, so we had to rush over to his house to put them up-that way we wouldn’t miss any of conference. Just as we were pulling on to their street we see a car pull out from their driveway. I didn’t look at them, but I was hoping that either 1.it wasn’t them or 2.they didn’t recognize us. Anyway, so I drove past their house for a little bit and then parked –erring on the safe side just in case they did see us, they wouldn’t know we were going to their house-do you see the improvement of my spy skills? By the time we got out the poster and tape and everything and started walking to their house they had apparently decided to turned around and came back to see if we needed something. He rolled down his window and said, ‘we just wanted to make sure you guys didn’t need anything. (Awkward pause where clearly I should have inserted my reasoning for being there) Do you want a key or something?’ Ahhh… I tried to act all casual with my arms full of note cards, a poster, and tape, but I could feel my face getting super red AND everyone in the car (which was completely full by the way) was outright laughing at me. I’m sure I was quite funny to watch. Honestly I didn’t know what to say, so I just changed the topic without even answering the question. I said something like, ‘So are you guys gonna go watch conference over at the Creamers? I really really need to work on my Alias skills. I’m clearly very good at getting caught and I absolutely fail at the spontaneous lying thing…I guess that just means I have lots of reasons to practice and plenty of room for improvement. I’m seriously going to have start taking spy classes or something cause this is getting to the point of embarrassment.

At the time, I was actually a bit upset, but I’m over it now that a couple weeks have passed. I am nervous however because on a couple of the cards I wrote something like-‘don’t die cause we love you too much’. After the fact I found out that the reason they are raising money is for his niece and nephew because their dad died a year ago..yikes! Hopefully they weren’t offended. I guess there’s nothing I can do now.That just about sums up my latest attempt at being stealth. I guess it can't get much worse than that, right?

3 comments:

  1. Oh my GOSH! I can't stop laughing! Lizzy, I think you are just incredibly unlucky to get caught every single time! How does that happen?!?! I do think that your spy skills are decent... it's just luck. As I was reading this I was just saying over and over... "No... NO... NOOOO!!!! AHHH!!" And I don't think they would have been offended by the one card. I bet they thought it was endearing and probably really appreciated it. What was your friend doing this whole time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is intense. I actually felt awkward just reading that! Next time you go to do something like that you should roll play what you will say and do once you get caught :)
    I think it was really nice and I don't think they will be offended or anything. I love reading your fun experiences. You are so cute Lizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read this and I want to remind you I have sent you to School in Virginia to gain an education, not to start a baking enterprise. lets spend a little more time on the books and less time trying to be a secret agent....:)
    Dad

    PS. (This is Becca) Please Snetz,take the advice I gave you before, work on your stealthiness. If you want I can give you special lessons.

    ReplyDelete