Sunday, September 26, 2010

When I grow up, I want to be like Alias

This past week has been pretty uneventful, but I do have one story from the week that made me smile.

So last week after the temple trip I decided that I wanted to write a note to Brian and Justin-cause that is what I do. I like tell people how wonderful they are. In my true fashion I didn’t sign it…it seems more exciting for me and them, when it is anonymous. I said something like…you guys are awesome and we decided you guys are both studs. I know…kind of forward, but it was anonymous, so it didn’t matter AND I put the ‘we’ thing in there, so I was safe.

Last night (Saturday) I decided that I wanted to take cookies over to them because they were leaving on a trip and I just thought it was a good idea. So I acted on the thought and I wrote a quick note just saying have fun on your trip.

Before I took them over I called Brian to see when they were leaving and also to see if they needed a ride to the airport so they wouldn’t have to leave their car. Of course they didn’t want a ride, but it was worth a try. So I dropped off the cookies. I didn’t ring the doorbell, because of all the bad luck I’ve had with ding-dong ditching in the past (ie. Christmas x3, Halloween, etc)and I walked away feeling pretty good about myself. Job well done. Check mark on life.

Today at church however, Han(a girl who was apparently over at Justin’s last night) came up to me and asked if I brought the cookies over. I didn’t want to lie so I said ‘what are you talking about?’ I thought I was pretty convincing…doing the whole innocent-blank look, but apparently I need to take some acting lessons, cause she just asked me again…and again, till I finally said, ‘alright-how did you know it was me?’

Then she followed it up with, ‘Did you also write the “stud note”(haha…she really did call it that, which makes me a little worried…cause I’m guess they call it that too. This is definitely one of those, ‘Betsy, what have you done’ moments)?’ I guess they saved my other note (who does that? I knew girls did it, but it wasn’t even that cool of a note-it was just a couple of sentences on a flashcard) and they were comparing the handwriting. I thought I had done an excellent job of not making any sounds outside their apartment AND I even thought about the previous note-and the possible connection between the two, and I specifically used different hand writing for the second note. Anyway, I’m not sure how they put it together exactly, but they did.

All Han told me was that I was the only one nice enough to drop off cookies. Whatever! That is such a lie…there are tons of really nice people in the ward. Obviously the real issue was that I completely failed in my Alias-like skills. I was actually kind of bummed-I love surprises (thank you Mom and Rachel) and now it’s ruined AND on top of that, there are now all these questionable motives for why I left them notes and cookies. For heaven’s sake- I just wanted to be a good friend, and do something nice and now they’ve just ruined it. Haha. I know how ridiculous it sounds, and I’m actually not that upset, maybe just a tiny bit, but whatever…there isn’t much a I can do about it now. Moral of the story-sneakiness is HARD and should only be attempted by the most skilled individuals and apparently I’m not one of them as has been proven multiple times.

To end on a more Sunday appropriate note, I just love this song and I thought I'd share it....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBoGnfxoWiQ&feature=related

4 comments:

  1. okay...totally laughing right now. that is so funny. i think that is such a nice thing to do! it probably made those guys' whole month that someone left them a "stud" note. keep up the good work there in VA.
    also, i constantly have dreams that i am in sydney bristow in alias. i am REALLY good...in my dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahahaha!!! I am LOVING your posts Lizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I think most people like surprises, but if they are anything like me, then the funnest part is figuring out who did it!
    We love you Bets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see Vaughn walking through your doors now.

    ReplyDelete