Sunday, September 4, 2011

A day in MY life

One of my good friends took pictures of her day to day life and I thought it was a fun idea. So here's my life....

 So, obviously this is my room...with my fancy curtain!
This is the wall I face every day :) It is actually my quote wall...any quote that I think is really really cool goes up here...you can't see most of them cause they are on white index cards, but yup...they're there. And yes- that is a dead rose held up by masking tape. I thought it might look good. CLEARLY I'm not going into interior decorating!

Here's the living room that I share with my wonderful roommate Laurice and the Paul (the greyhound).
I live on the middle floor...so I'm level with the wooden bridge...
This is the view from my parking lot...I'll have to update it when the flowers are in bloom...it is absolutely GORGEOUS! They do an incredible job with the landscaping. The coolest part is the section of day lilies. During the spring they shoot up to my height...I know I'm not very tall, but still-for a flower...that's tall!
I drive past the Fire house every morning and I've always thought it was funny they have this big steel dog in the yard. This is literally just down the street from me.
Bridge of flags...yup I drive over it every morning on my way to school.
So this is my school. It used to be a hospital, but my school bought half of it while the other half is still outpatient stuff. Below is a close up- the glass square section- that's part of my classroom.




This is just the entrance to the school/hospital. My classroom is just to the right of the main entrance, which is really convenient when I'm running late. I pass by the security guard- Gary every morning where we have the same conversation... 'good morning. how are you doin?' 'good. how are you honey?' 'good.' If have a test or anything he always remembers and wishes me good luck. I just love southern people!

On the Left is the new Virginia Tech Medical school where we have a couple of joint classes with the med students. On the right is the Roanoke Memorial Hospital where I'll be doing a fair number of my rotations...at least the ER, OR and internal medicine.
Since I do live in the 'Star City' here's a picture of star. It goes to show how many trees there are here...I remember my first impression of Roanoke was that I had moved to some tropical country. All of the hills that surround Roanoke Valley pretty much look like this- completely covered with trees. While the family was in Hawaii I remember saying that the scenery looked a lot like Virginia and I wasn't exaggerating. There are plants and trees all over. It is absolutely amazing. 

2 comments:

  1. Fun post. Ya, your room looks exactly the same when we were roommates. I can't believe you still have that blue sheet as a curtain. I need to buy you a real one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...I'm a creature of habit AND I'm poor AND I can't sleep unless it's dark :)

    ReplyDelete