Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I'm no Meridith Grey


So this past month has been kind of crazy. Boot camp has kind of ruled my life a little bit.
 I spent a week in the OR, which to be honest was kind of cool. It was nice to have an idea of what I’m getting into. Not knowing is the worst part of starting new things, and since so much of the next year is going to be in the hospital, its nice having a little prelude to what the next year will be nice. I got to see the robot surgery, hernia repairs and a bilateral amputation. Kind of cool. Not going to lie. Going into some of the more bloody surgeries I was a little worried that I’d pass out-which is a little embarrassing and quite frankly- lame. The good news is that I didn’t…in fact I kind of like the bloody stuff. That said- I’m no Meridith Grey, but it’s nice to know that I’m not going to pass out at the sight of a little/a lot of blood.
So the pinnacle of boot camp was a cumulative final that covered everything we learned over the past year. YIKES! And guess who passed…yup, ME!!!!! Not that I was super worried, but it is nice to have it out of the way.
Now that that is over, I start rotations in a week from today. I can’t believe it! In fact I keep asking myself, ‘what are you doing?’ Now that the stress of finals is over I’m stressing out about rotations. Can I just say..AHHHHHHHHH! 

No comments:

Post a Comment