Sunday, September 19, 2010

Just doin' what I shoulda been doin'

Katie and MeJustin, Brian, Ben, Peter
(this was an awkward picture because the lady behind us in line said, 'Oh here, let me take the picture with you and all the guys in it.' I really didn't want to, but whatever...so I stand on the side next to Peter and a bunch of people in line (not just the lady taking the picture) said, 'No...you need to be in the center!' Too much attention! Everyone in line was looking at us, plus all the guys were laughing cause they had pulled me to the center of the group and they were trying to make it a bigger deal than it needed to be. I know I like attention...but this was a little too much. Thus the awkward/nervous laugh as pictured above.)

So....I had my first PA experience. We just went to a retirement home and did a history on one of the residents. Comprehensive histories take FOREVER- no really though, it took about an hour to get the history of this lady...and she was completely lucid...there are just tons of questions. I mostly was excited that we got to wear the coats and act all official even though we had no idea what we were doing. Hopefully that won't be the case when I'm actually treating people :)

Friday I also went to the Greek Festival here in town. Basically it was just a bunch of Greek food...which was fine (sorry Rach), but the group that I went with was fun. I just love the different dynamics that everyone brings to the group...the thing is, I don't really know where I fit. One guy is the super outgoing one, one guy is the total science nerd, and two guys are the more sensitive relationship oriented ones. I don't even know if there is anything left for me to do except be a girl...which I don't really know what that means. I guess we'll just have to see.

2 comments:

  1. CA-YUTE!!
    You looks so darling. Love the pics. And you do look very official in your lab coats.
    I really got a kick out the picture with you and the boys. As soon as I saw it I knew that you had your "I feel totally awkward and embarrassed" look on your face. And it looks really cute on you!
    Can't wait to talk IN DETAIL about each of those boys :)
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each post you write I just get more and more excited and happy for you! Yay!! That picture with you and the boys is hilarious! And I love seeing you in your lab coat! You look so official! I'm glad you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete