Saturday, March 12, 2011

Spring Break!!!!

This past week has been Spring Break. It has been nice to be able to do whatever I want and not feel guilty about it. I cleaned, did laundry, got my car fixed, made cinnamon rolls, balanced my bank account, went to DC, went to the temple, read some Nicholas Sparks books (Last song and Safe Haven) and watched Anne of Green Gables for the first time with my roommate.

Monday: FHE was good. Nathan Petersen was there. It was a good experience because I completely forgot his name and couldn’t remember it until the very end which made me realize that I really don’t like him as much as I thought I did-Obviously if I couldn’t remember his name. So that's good to know. After the lesson we watched Brian Regan who is absolutely hilarious! It was actually really fun to just laugh. Then a few girls came over to my apartment and played phase 10 with me and Laurice.

Tuesday I can’t remember what I did exactly, but I stayed busy most of the day. That night Becky Woodard ( my visiting teachee) and Amanda came over and we talked and ate and watched How to Lose A Guy in 10 days.

Wednesday I got up super early and left for DC with Amanda and Lori. It took 4 hours to get there which meant that we got there around noon and then spent the next 4 hours site seeing in DC. We saw the White House, Washington Memorial, and the American History Museum. One of the coolest parts was in the First Ladies Section of the Museum. It had all the First Lady’s inaugural dresses and some random facts by them.

-Hilary Clinton: was a lawyer. She actually had an office in the Pentagon.

-Laura Bush: Was a librarian. She was quiet and had a very stabilizing influence on her husband.

-Michelle Obama: said that she wanted to be like Laura instead of Hilary- FUNNY.

-Regan’s wife: She was an actress

It was fun to learn a little more about our country’s history. After walking seriously FOREVER- we went back to the apartment and got ready to go to the temple.The temple was absolutely amazing and was definitely worth the 8 hours of driving. I was talking to my friend and we decided that the temple is like a drug. It makes you feel all happy and euphoric and it can be quite addictive. Moral of the story is that I really REALLY miss the Provo temple for several reasons but the main one is that I don't have a temple 5 minutes away from me.

Friday I went running and made cinnamon rolls. When My roommate got home we watched Anne of Green Gables. I had never watched the movie and since my middle name comes from the show I decided that I better watch it. It is so cute.

Random- while we were driving we kept seeing these signs that said 'speed enforced by aircraft.' (you probably can't see it in the picture but that's what the sign says)I remember seeing that when I first came for an interview and it totally freaked me out. I envisioned airplanes hovering overhead and landing on the freeway and I realized that I was not in Idaho anymore. I have since realized that you don't see the airplanes and it is pretty much an empty threat, but every time I see one of those signs it reminds me of when I first came to Virginia.

So that’s been me for the past month. I’m looking forward to several things…Sara dunbabin is moving to DC and she is going to visit me for General Conference so I’m way excited to see her.In a couple months we are going to Hawaii as a family...woot! And I'm just excited for summer to be here. There is something about summers that are exciting and fun and rejuvenating, so I'm pretty stoked about that as well.

2 comments:

  1. What a great post. It's so fun to read about what you're doing. I CANNOT believe that you had never seen Anne of Green Gables!!! I'm still in shock. ;D It sounds like you had a fantastic Spring Break - you deserve it! Love you Bets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you move to? I must have missed that part! I like Michelle's quote, haha that is funny.

    ReplyDelete