Sunday, November 27, 2011

Me and Stanley





So this picture looks a little funny, but here are the people I've been working with for the past month. (Dr. Hinton, Angie, Karen). I'm crossing my fingers that tomorrow I'm going to be able to deliver a baby on my own.








My friend Lori has a nephew that is doing a class project about flat Stanley. She asked if I would go on a vacation with him...so here's my picture with flat Stanley just before I went into surgery. Funny story real fast...So during one of the surgeries one of the nurses looked at me and said...do you use latisse or something because you have super long eye lashes. I actually had no idea who she was talking to so I didn't respond and then she said...I guess you don't and we don't like people who have naturally long eyelashes. At that point I clued into the conversation and gave the polite chuckle.  I thought it was a nice thought though...but now the nurses hate me...not a good thing. ;)

 So about 5 miles from my apartment in Blountville (pronounced bluntvol) is the Bristol Motor Speedway...ya know, where they have all those race car races-thingy. I don't know...but I had to find something cool for flat Stanley. :)

I have the best family and friends! I really do! On Friday I got this package from my friend Beth because she knew I would alone on Thanksgiving.By the way- it was delicious! How nice is that? Seriously! I don't think I could find better friends or family.

3 comments:

  1. So fun. I am glad you had a good Thanksgiving! I can't wait til you get to deliver a baby on your own tomorrow. I want to hear all about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so pretty and so official!!! I hope you get to deliver a baby tomorrow, too! Good luck Lizzy! love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you end up delivering a baby? I hope your Thanksgiving was okay. That was really nice about that basket.

    ReplyDelete