Friday, December 30, 2011

Friends...





I was talking to my mom a couple days ago about one of my friends and she reminded me of what amazing friends I have/had. I have been extremely blessed to be surrounded by absolutely astounding people that have truly made me a better person. Later this week I heard this song from Wicked and I was again impressed by the great people in my life.


In church they always emphasized the importance of choosing good friends, but I never really realized the importance they had on me until I looked back...

Sophmore year Andrea taught me that it is actually 'cool' to be good. Not that I would have done anything differently, but I definitely gained some confidence and pride in being obedient. It was at that point that I decided I didn't care what other people thought of me- I was going to do what I thought was right, no matter what. (at least I tried to)

Senior year of high school I had the option of taking a CNA class with Jamie and Shanna . I don't think I would have actually done it if it hadn't been for them.  I had no idea what I wanted for a career, so I mostly did it to have a class with a friend. It's funny because that decision opened up so many career options that I wouldn't have had otherwise.


During college I had some pretty stellar friends. I can't even count all the things that they have taught me over the years, but I am so grateful for them in my life.

Senior year of college I had a friend who was also applying to PA school. Sometimes I wonder if I would have applied if it hadn't been for her because my whole application was all messed up and I had no idea how to fix it.


I know there are loads of other friends who have shaped and influenced my life. I could try to name them all but I know I'd miss a few...so I'm not even going to attempt it.
Last but not least, some of my best friends are my family members. I am so so so lucky for them and their wonderful examples of faith and goodness.

To all of you who have made me a better person...Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Haha, I love that picture of you and Kait! I hope that you had a good Christmas! We need to chat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, excuse me. I am not in that picture of the "family". I am angry. you may not count me as a friend until I hear a dedicated shout out just to me. :)
    I love you so much Lizzy. You have been such a good example to me even from the time we were little. Remember when we shared a room as kids and you would always say "Did you say your personal prayers?" It always bothered me cause I was like 12 years old and you were only like 6 or something and still you had to remind me. But I am so grateful for you! Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaaaahh! You're awesome. We love you too!

    ReplyDelete