Wednesday, February 1, 2012

December


           In December I had my first primary care rotation. It was here in town at an Urgent Care with Ken Anderson. It was an awesome experience, but it didn’t start off that way. On my first day I locked my keys in my car. How embarrassing is that? I’ve never done that before. What made matters worse was that my cell phone and wallet were also locked in the car. So I had to walk back in and tell them that I had locked my keys in my car. The nurse was super nice and called her husband (a cop) and ask if he could unlock my car. He couldn’t because too many people had their cars ruined that way. So I had to look up my roommates’s phone number on LDS.org, but it was the wrong number so I had to call her mom. Awkward!
A couple of minutes after I got off the phone I realized that I had worn my heavy coat into the office and low and behold- my keys were in my jacket. I was even more embarrassed to have to call Laurice’s mom and tell her that I didn’t need her to come and open my car. And of course the only phone that I could use was the one right where everyone was standing so everyone heard that I had lost my keys…. in my jacket. By the end of the day I had forgotten about it until a nurse from the other side of the office came up to me and said- oh I’m so glad you found your keys. Thanks SO much for reminding me that I’m a dork- and informing me that the ENTIRE office of 30 people knows that I’m a dork. Don't worry though- the month ended really well.   (picture: Dr. Tims, Allison-lab tech, Cindy- RN, Ken-PA; we're standing in front of the urgent care hall way. We had 4 rooms plus a treatment room for suturing etc.)
                Earlier in the month I was feeling sad that my roommate and I hadn’t put up any decorations. Don’t get me wrong, I had put up lights in my room in November, but we didn’t have anything else in the whole apartment. I remembered seeing a Christmas tree at the church in the priesthood closet and I knew that no one was going to use it so I went to church one day and took the tree. To clarify, I didn’t steal it, I just borrowed it and to be honest, I’m so glad I did. I had no idea what a difference having a tree made. Every morning I would turn on the lights and read my scriptures or study by the tree…I just loved it. That to me is Christmas. And you just add a little Kenny G and you are set. Mom and becca also sent me a package- a stocking filled with the 12 days of Christmas. It reminded me of all the times that I had help put those together for the missionaries and I always thought they were really corny, but I really enjoyed it. I found myself looking forward to opening a little something every night. It also made me look forward to next year when I can actually be home for Christmas.
For Christmas I went down to Nate and Kelly’s house. It was SO nice being around family and it has been especially nice to be around Nate and Kelly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment