Sunday, July 1, 2012

Bentonville!!!!

Over Memorial Day weekend I had a surprise week off (my schedule just worked out that way-woot woot) and I decided rather than sit around Roanoke I would go visit Joe and Naomi. I was super hesistant because it's a 16 hour drive (by myself) and besides the time investment, that's a ton of money (that I don't have). Anyway after a ton of debating back and forth- I decided that I would go and I was SOOO glad I went. It was just what I needed for tons of reasons.

Highlights of the trip:
           -Boating: I got up on the wake board.

-Layton: saying his name ‘Layton Jofith Wright’; I would ask him what his favorite color was and he would say…I just love all of them (while doing and Vana White hand action). SO adorable; Probably my favorite moments with him were when we played catch outside in the backyard and he was just chattin with me.

-Singing and dancing in the car and at home to One Directions ‘What makes you beautiful’; it was also great that by the end of the week Layton knew some of the words and would randomly start singing them.

-Joe put on new rotators- or whatever they are called in my car. And my car works so much better now! It's funny how something so small can make such a difference

-Went to the Sam Walton museum and the new American Art Museum (which had amazing . landscaping)


-bonding with Logan; what an adorable little kid. He is mostly happy, unless you don’t feed him soon enough…then he gets pretty upset. I would totally want a baby if I knew he would be as cute as this little guy-and that's saying a lot for me.  (I put the picture above on my desktop and every time I open my computer I smile.) How can you not love that kid???


-I got to read books to Layton and Izzy during quiet time. She even fell asleep on me which was kind of fun.




So that was my trip. It was definitely worth the money and 2 days of driving. Now I’m back and I start my rotation tomorrow in surgery. UGH! I’m hoping it won’t be as bad as everyone is making it out to be. I’ve heard that a lot of my schedule depends on the resident that I get, so I’m crossing my fingers that I get someone that is nice and doesn’t expect me to stay forever and ever if I’m just going to be standing there doing nothing.

As for May, I’ve been doing Orthopedics. It’s been fun- pretty chill and just kind of nice. I got to work with some awesome doctors that let me do tons of knee and shoulder injections. I worked with Dr. Kells who was just a fantastic teacher and so that was pretty awesome. I worked with one Doctor (Mierish) who said- I would hire you in an instant. You just understand things, you want to learn and you are excellent patients. So that was nice to hear.

1 comment: